Thursday, February 4, 2010

Horizons in Philadelphia

Horizons is one of my favorite vegan restaurants in Philadelphia. Visit hungry because the gourmet menu is bulky, starting with the Cream of Kale and Green Chile Soup with toasted pepitas and pickled chayote and the Vietnamese Tacos with crispy lemongrass tempeh, Sriracha mayo, daikon, cilantro, carrot and chile (those are just the starters).

I always order my favorite comfort food dish of Grilled Seitan with Yukon mash, grilled spinach, horseradish cream and roasted red pepper tapenade or the Pacific Rim Grilled Tofu with spicy gochujang glaze, edamame potato puree, Japanese eggplant and pea leaf salad for the entree with a side of Wasabi Peas made with seaweed caramel and nori.

Horizons also serves vegan desserts like Chocolate Stuffed Beignets with marshmallow cocoa and Saffron Creme Brulee with pistachio biscotti, as well as adult beverages that includes an interesting beer selection.

Have a favorite vegetarian restaurant? Tell me about it.

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorites. Also like Govinda's take-out on Broad and South.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be my favorite restaurant EVER! A couple of other greaties are Candle 79 and Gobo (both in NYC).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with jwilson, I love Candle 79. This was the first place I had seitan. It was my birthday and they realized I was nervous to order something I may not like for my entree, so they sent out a free little tasting. I ordered, bought the cookbook, and cook it myself!
    Seitan Chimichurri - love it!

    ReplyDelete